A place that had great traffic significance as a site of fairs and for the exchange of goods and products of the inhabitants of the island of Krk, as confirmed by the density of roads and gorges leading to it. It is located along the main road from Njivice to Malinska as a series of several connected houses. The name of the village means ‘fair’ and is derived from the Chakavian dialect expressions ‘samanj’ (dialect of Dubašnica) and ‘semenj’ (Omišalj). Today, it is part of the municipality of Malinska-Dubašnica, and once belonged to the Omišalj, which is why it got its name. The village was infected with malaria, and the last inhabitant left in 1901, although only a year earlier there were 12 inhabitants living there.