In the 16th century, the parish church was located next to today’s cemetery. To escape malaria inhabitants left the original village of Miholjice and relocated to this site. The Brotherhoods of St Cross and St Michael were active within this church.
The construction of the new parish church of St Vitus began in 1888 and was completed in 1890. The bell tower with a village clock, measuring 30 m in height, was erected in 1926. Its construction was funded by Croatian immigrants from the USA.
The apse and the altar are harmoniously decorated, featuring a large painting of the local patron saint, St Michael. The arch above the shrine features wall paintings of St John the Baptist and Saint Peter, while the arches in the nave feature wall paintings of the four evangelists. Two side altars made of walnut wood were erected at the beginning of the 20th century. One of them is dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the other to the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. The existing sacral ornaments were crafted by Slavko Pengov from Ljubljana.
The Church was repaired and renovated in the year marking its 100th anniversary.