It was erected by the local priest Mate Kraljić in 1710 as a private benefice for his family. His successors have been entrusted with taking care of the chapel ever since.
The chapel has a rectangular layout and no apse. Like all the chapels built during the Baroque period, it features a spacious tiled loggia with seven stone columns and a truss.
The belfry has one opening. The interior is decorated with a stone altar leaning against the wall and an altar painting of St John the Baptist.